In Price Action Trading Strategy

Here goes yet another attempt at me making a video: likely packed with many significant warning signs of what happens to the communication part of your brain when you trade too much. Writing is underrated.  In it, I cover the most relevant concepts in our measured move article, as well a brief talk about inner trendlines.

Links:

Measured Moves on Trendline Breaks

Adaptive Entries Using Acceleration Launchpads

And many examples in our Quick Charts section

• David

Steve! Missed you so much.

• David

Steve is your opinion on trading in the summer months? Since I’ve been trading I never traded in those months and always took that period off. Do you think the summer months offer any kind of value compared to other months.

Hi David, I treat them as I do everything else. If it’s there it’s there, if it’s not it’s not. I still work right through it all though. August tends to be the only month where I notice the most people taking off, but doesn’t mean the liquidity dynamics shift that dramatically. They do, but not enough to keep me out – this market is a monster.

• Edward Teresinski

Hello Steve, Very interesting this is. Would you be willing to do another video?
    A basic plan to identifying entry and exits with this concept. of drawing a trendline
    and plotting a fib.

Hi Edward – I’ll do my best, but as you might notice I’m generally not a fan of making videos – always afraid I’m going to miss something relevant that’s not necessarily on the top of my head when making them.

• nek

First post here, Hi everyone. Love this method Steve, and love the site.
    I had been testing this method since u posted last friday, pretty awesome.
    But i have question about putting that 100% fib to under the high and on the trendline, OR, should I be putting it adjacent to the break point just like this post (http://1.nobrainertrades.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Measured-Movement-Example-4.jpg)

Hi Nek, the short answer is it depends on what you’re looking to accomplish. This method really serves two purposes – the reason for the variants listed in that post is to outline various means of taking profits. When you’re using these in a countertrend / trading (entry) manner, I would always recommend using the variant discussed in this video, just because it’s the most globally recognized means of doing so. The other variants can be used from a more conservative standpoint of taking profits. Hope this explains it, if not, just reply and let me know. Thanks.

• nek

Thankx Steve for your reply, I think I get it, just need a few more practice i guess, but hopefully you can show us more example of when is not the time to use this technique, appreciated all your effort on sharing.

• Antony

Steve is the king
    always have what to bring
    so we can learn
    how to earn 🙂

Big thanks for the video.

Not too sure about the “King” situation there but thanks for the complement. 🙂 Much obliged.

• krzys

Hi Steve. I am having some confusion with the way you draw your fibs, because most of the time you have been talking about lining it up with the peripheral trendline break, but on some of the examples in the video you did not. Is there a technique to the ones that you did not line up peripherally?

• krzys

Thanks Steve.

• David

Hi Steve,
    Dont know if its too late for this post to ask a question, but really love the measured move, the only 1 thing I cant seem to 100% get is when to pull the trigger on the trade. When I watch this awesome video I have no problem finding the first retest to start plotting my trendline but if you know where the retest is already have you not just missed the move. Should you not have the line drawn already (for 100% ext move) so when the retest happens you get in on the retest. hope this makes sense, your answer would help me out a lot. Thanks again your site is the best site out there. Dave